From Quick Cooking (now called Simple & Delicious)Magazine. Sliced apples are sprinkled with a tasty topping made with oats, brown sugar and butterscotch pudding mix. Served wtih ice cream, this dessert is always well received.
- Place apples in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, oats, pudding mix and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle over the apples.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 5-1/2 hours or until apples are tender.
- Serve with ice cream if desired.
- Yield: 6 servings.