Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
From Quick Cooking (now called Simple & Delicious)Magazine. Sliced apples are sprinkled with a tasty topping made with oats, brown sugar and butterscotch pudding mix. Served wtih ice cream, this dessert is always well received.
- 6 cups tart apples, sliced & peeled (about 5 large)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package butterscotch pudding mix (cook-and-serve type)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Place apples in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, oats, pudding mix and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle over the apples.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 5-1/2 hours or until apples are tender.
- Serve with ice cream if desired.
- Yield: 6 servings.
This was sooooooo good! I used normal oats, not quick. I rubbed the butter in with my hands, cutting it in would of taken forever... thats about the only changes I made. Easy and very tasty. Great with vanilla icecream.
This is a lovey crisp. It was truly quick and easy to make. The sweetness of the crisp is mellowed by the tartness of the apples. Not only did it taste amazing but the house smelled incredible while it was cooking. Thanks so much for sharing.