Recipe by Member #610488
Simple yet so delish! A classic oatmeal cookie with the added flavors of Granny Smith apples, butterscotch chips and walnuts for the most amazing "flavor-licious" cookie out there.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup walnut pieces, chopped into small pieces
- 2 large tart apples, peeled cored diced (Granny Smith apples recommended)
- 1 (10 ounce) package butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or grease lightly.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and mix well until fully incorporated. Mix in the vanilla and then the flour mixture until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the oats, walnuts, apples, and chips and mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving 1 1/2 inches between the cookies.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until pale golden brown. Cool the cookies on the sheets for 1 minute, then remove to a rack to finish cooling.