Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Called a bribe cake cuz you can bribe just about anyone to do just about anything for you in exchange for a slice of this delicious cake.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- caramel syrup, for garnish
- whipped cream, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together oil and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating with a hand mixer to incorporate.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Beat well.
- Stir in vanilla, apples, and pecans. Mixture will be thick.
- Spread mixture in a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle butterscotch chips over the top of the cake.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
- I know this is hard, but let it cool completely.
- Serve garnished with plenty of caramel sauce and whipped cream (I actually prefer to skip the caramel because it's sweet enough as it is, but everyone else seems to like it).
There have been so many apple cakes but this is definitely more interesting. My friend makes this cake and it is difficult not to go for seconds. Incidentally, I agree that it does not need the syrup because that is overkill.