The original of this slightly tweaked recipe was found in the Betty Crocker Special Edition Fall Baking, 2004. Preparation time does not include the hour needed to cool the baked bars.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl, with electric mixer on medium, beat brown sugar, butter, melted chips, vanilla, salt & eggs for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth & creamy.
- Stir in flour & baking powder until well mixed.
- Stir in cashews, then spread in an ungreased 13"x9" baking pan.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until set & edges are dry.
- Cool completely on a wire rack, about 1 hour, before cutting into bars.