Recipe by Rachel Potachel
Fairly healthy...and delicious too! Feel free to change up the mixin's. Sometimes if I'm feeling especially healthy, I throw in a bit of ground flax seed too for the omega 3s.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets and set aside.
- Combine flours, salt and baking soda in medium bowl.
- Place butterscotch chips in a small microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave an additional 30 seconds if chips are not melted and smooth.
- Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl. Add egg, melted butterscotch, and vanilla. Beat until well blended.
- Add flour mixture, and beat until just blended.
- Stir in oats and sliced almonds.
- Shape Tablespoon-sized balls of dough and place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets, then move to wire racks until cooled completely.