1/2 Photos of Butternut White Bean Ginger Soup
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is from my Horn of the Moon cookbook. This looks like such a nice combination of flavors. I bet this would freeze well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncooked dry white bean
- 10 cups water
- 6 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced (2 pounds whole squash)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1In a large soup pot, bring the beans to a boil in 7 cups water. Simmer, covered, 1 ½ hours or until the beans are tender, but not mushy.
- 2Meanwhile prepare the vegetables. Peel the squash with a vegetable peeler, then seed and dice.
- 3In a separate pot, cook squash in remaining 3 cups water, covered. Simmer until tender, then drain.
- 4Puree all the squash in a blender in batches. Add to the cooked white beans.
- 5In a frying pan, heat the oil and sauté the onion, celery, ginger and garlic, stirring occasionally. When tender and beginning to brown, add to soup pot along with salt, pepper and parsley.
- 6Simmer 15 minutes uncovered and serve. After it sits it will thicken; thin with a little water.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut White Bean Ginger Soup
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.0
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 316.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 7.3 g