Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This is really good and so easy to make. This come from a friend of mine.
- 1 medium butternut squash (2 1/2 lbs)
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut squash in hjalf, discard seeds. Place cut side down in a 15 inches x 10 in x 1 in baking pan. Add 1/2 inch hot water. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Drain water from pan, turn swuash cut side up. Bake 10 - 15 minutes longer or until tendr. Scoop out pulp, mash and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in buter until tender. Stir in croutons, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until croutons are toasted. Stir in squash, turkey and brorh, heat through.
- Transfer to a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Bake , uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 - 10 minutes longer or until edges are bubbly and cheese is melted.