Butternut Squash With Tangerine and Sage Glaze
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Cut neck off each squash. Peel necks and cut crosswise into generous 1/3-inch-thick slices. Overlap slices in 2 large baking dishes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spoon 6 tablespoons tangerine juice over squash. Spoon cream over squash; dot with butter. Bake squash until beginning to brown, about 30 minutes.
- Mix tangerine peel into remaining 10 tablespoons juice; drizzle over squash.
- Place 1 sage leaf atop each squash round. Bake until squash are very tender and tops are browned in spots, about 30 minutes longer (do not turn squash over at any point).
- (Can be prepared 4 hours ahead.Let stand at room temperature. Before serving, heat in 375°F oven until warm, about 15 minutes.).