Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Butternut squash is scooped and stuffed with comforting spicy chili. The chili can be frozen.
Make and share this Butternut Squash With Spicy Chili recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Rub the squash with a little oil then roast them on a baking tray for 45 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan, then fry the onion for a few mins until soft.
- Stir in the chili and cumin, fry for 1 min more then add the ground beef, browning for 3-4 minutes
- Stir in the tomato paste and beans with a splash of water and season. Warm through and keep warm. Or cool, freeze for up to 1 month and re-heat.
- Scoop a little of the soft sqush flesh out to make a hollow, then stir this into the chili with half the cilantro.
- Fill the cavity of each squash with a quarter of the mix then scatter with the remaining cilantro.
- Serve with a green salad and crusty bread.