Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Bobby Dean
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium leek, white and light green parts only, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, squash, quinoa and raisins and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the liquid is absorbed and the squash and quinoa are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Gently stir in the spinach and cook until it just begins to wilt, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle with the walnuts.