Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Squash and Blue Cheese, Yummy
Make and share this Butternut Squash With Pecans and Blue Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Halve the squash, peel and scoop out the seeds. Cut the squash into 1in cubes -
- Place into a roasting tin and drizzle with the oil. Strip about four sprigs of thyme of their leaves (or use dried thyme) and sprinkle over the butternut squash.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for about 30-45 minutes, or until tender.
- Once out of the oven, remove the squash to a bowl. Scatter over the pecans and crumble over the cheese, stirring everything together gently. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To serve, tear the remaining sprigs of thyme into small pieces and sprinkle over the top of the butternut squash mixture.
This was just okay for me. I thought the blue cheese over powered the squash, I will try it again with less blue cheese. Thanks
This was delicious! I saw this on the Food Network, and had to try it. I peeled the squash, even though you don't have to. Also, I added the pecans during the last 10 minutes of roasting to bring out their flavor. I accidentally picked up Gorgonzola cheese instead of blue, but it was still amazing! It's nice to have a savory way to eat the squash, instead of the typical brown sugar or maple syrup flavors. Thank you for posting!