Recipe by Camden Cook
A tasty vegetable side dish. I make this side dish the day after I make the Butternut Squash Pizza recipe because each recipe calls for half of a butternut squash. Source: http://food.yahoo.com/recipes/allrecipes/9086/butternut-squash-with-onions-and-pecans
Top Review by LaJuneBug
Amazed how much my husband liked this! (He is not used to squash.) We used macadamia nuts instead of pecans. This is a savory dish with a lot of pleasing colors and textures. Try it, you'll like it!
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pecans on an ungreased baking sheet. Toast at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large, heavy skillet over low heat; add onion, and saute until very tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in squash, and cover. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until squash is tender but still holds its shape, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in half the pecans and half the parsley. Transfer mixture to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with remaining pecans and parsley to serve.