1/2 Photos of Butternut Squash With Onions & Pecans
I was gifted with butternut squash from someone's garden. I'd never made butternut squash before, but I know I like it! This is what I culled together from various recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread pecans on a cookie sheet and bake for 5-8 minutes at 350, watching carefully; set aside to cool.
- 2Melt butter in a large, lidded skillet and add the garlic and onion.
- 3Saute over medium low heat until onions are clear.
- 4While the onion is cooking, place squash in a covered microwavable dish, and cook 5-8 minutes.
- 5When the onions are done, add the vanilla, squash and brown sugar.
- 6Toss lightly to coat, cover, and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- 7Transfer to serving dish and toss with pecans, parsley, salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash With Onions & Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.3
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 101.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.3 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 7.4 g