Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was gifted with butternut squash from someone's garden. I'd never made butternut squash before, but I know I like it! This is what I culled together from various recipes.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 large onion, cut into eighths
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- salt and pepper
- Spread pecans on a cookie sheet and bake for 5-8 minutes at 350, watching carefully; set aside to cool.
- Melt butter in a large, lidded skillet and add the garlic and onion.
- Saute over medium low heat until onions are clear.
- While the onion is cooking, place squash in a covered microwavable dish, and cook 5-8 minutes.
- When the onions are done, add the vanilla, squash and brown sugar.
- Toss lightly to coat, cover, and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer to serving dish and toss with pecans, parsley, salt and pepper.
Quick, easy and tasty. I was surprised at how quick it was to make this. Good flavor.