1/1 Photo of Butternut Squash with Onions and Pecans
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place pecans on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 2Toast at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 5-8 minutes .
- 3Peel the squash, and remove the seeds.
- 4Cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- 5There will be about 6 cups squash.
- 6Melt butter or margarine in a heavy large skillet over low heat.
- 7Add onion and saute until very tender, about 15 minutes.
- 8Add squash and toss to coat.
- 10Cook until squash is tender but still holds it shape, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes.
- 11Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 12Can be prepared 4 hours ahead.
- 13Let stand at room temperature.
- 14Rewarm over medium heat before continuing.
- 15Stir in half of the pecans and half of the parsley.
- 16Transfer mixture to bowl.
- 17Sprinkle with remaining pecans and parsley.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash with Onions and Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.9
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 44.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 2.8 g