Recipe by Quistis145
This is a delicious AND healthy way to prepare butternut squash. This is the only way I will eat it! You may need to adjust the amount of olive oil you use depending on how big the squash is that you are going to use.
Top Review by Lori in NC
Wow! This was so good! We loved the savory taste; some butternut squash recipes end up too sweet. I cooked the whole squash in the microwave for 6 minutes for easier peeling, and baked it at 350 for about an hour. Served with pork tenderloin and creamed spinach. Thanks for posting!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 butternut squash, average size
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel and cube squash.
- In a large bowl mix minced garlic (i use a garlic press) and olive oil. Add cubed squash and coat with the oil mixture.
- Dump all ingredients out of bowl and in to a glass casserole dish. Any size will do really but it will cook faster if it is more spread out.
- Cook 40-45 minutes, stirring once or twice. Squash is done when it is tender.