Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delicious AND healthy way to prepare butternut squash. This is the only way I will eat it! You may need to adjust the amount of olive oil you use depending on how big the squash is that you are going to use.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 butternut squash, average size
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel and cube squash.
- In a large bowl mix minced garlic (i use a garlic press) and olive oil. Add cubed squash and coat with the oil mixture.
- Dump all ingredients out of bowl and in to a glass casserole dish. Any size will do really but it will cook faster if it is more spread out.
- Cook 40-45 minutes, stirring once or twice. Squash is done when it is tender.
Wow! This was so good! We loved the savory taste; some butternut squash recipes end up too sweet. I cooked the whole squash in the microwave for 6 minutes for easier peeling, and baked it at 350 for about an hour. Served with pork tenderloin and creamed spinach. Thanks for posting!
This was very good! I used alot more garlic and added some dried sage. It came out very caramelized and sweet. Thanks for this one! Made for I Recommend Tag Game 2009.
This is the way I like to make butternut squash! I used jarred minced garlic to make it even easier and top it at the end with some parmesan cheese and then broil for a few until it's browned.