Prep 8 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Martha Stewart.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and seeded, cut into 3/4 in cubes
- 1⁄2 cup cannned low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Heat butter in a large skillet over med-high heat until golden brown. Add squash; saute, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and tender when pierced with fork about 16 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, the water and brown sugar, cook until liquid has evaporated and squash is nicely carmelized, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper.
This is absolutely wonderful! I had to cook mine a bit longer as I think I may have cut my cubes larger than called for. But outside of that the finished product is delicious. I will definately be making this again. If you're a squash lover this is a must try recipe. Thanks for sharing the recipe LMillerRN. Made for Bargain Basement tag game.