1/1 Photo of Butternut Squash W/ Wilted Spinach and Blue Cheese
Napoleon Dynamite's Note:
from the Whole Foods Market website... I might try it for Thanksgiving dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F Halve the squash lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out and discard seeds.
- 2If desired, peel with a vegetable peeler or cut into big chunks and keep steady on the cutting board while cutting off the peel with a knife.
- 3Cut into 1-inch cubes. Transfer to a large, rimmed baking sheet. Toss with oil, salt and pepper and spread out in a single layer.
- 4Roast, tossing occasionally, until just tender and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Stop cooking squash but keep it warm.
- 5Use a fork to mash together blue cheese and lemon juice in a large bowl to make a thick smooth dressing. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- 6Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 7Add onions, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- 8Add spinach and cook, tossing often, until slightly wilted and warm, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- 9Transfer contents of skillet to bowl with dressing, add squash, salt and pepper and toss to combine.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash W/ Wilted Spinach and Blue Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.4
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 6.3 mg
- Sodium 157.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 5.7 g