from the Whole Foods Market website... I might try it for Thanksgiving dinner.
Make and share this Butternut Squash W/ Wilted Spinach and Blue Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400°F Halve the squash lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out and discard seeds.
- If desired, peel with a vegetable peeler or cut into big chunks and keep steady on the cutting board while cutting off the peel with a knife.
- Cut into 1-inch cubes. Transfer to a large, rimmed baking sheet. Toss with oil, salt and pepper and spread out in a single layer.
- Roast, tossing occasionally, until just tender and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Stop cooking squash but keep it warm.
- Use a fork to mash together blue cheese and lemon juice in a large bowl to make a thick smooth dressing. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook, tossing often, until slightly wilted and warm, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Transfer contents of skillet to bowl with dressing, add squash, salt and pepper and toss to combine.
Delish!! A wonderful blend of flavors and ingredients I wouldn't have thought of putting together. It was easy to make, too. The bleu cheese really makes this recipe. I love butternut squash, am always looking for different things to do with it, and I will be making this one again. Thanks for posting.
I was expecting this to be good since I love all the ingredients in it, and I wasn't disappointed in the least! My only recommendation would be to not be stingy with the salt here, because salt is what keeps the lemon from overpowering everything else. Definitely a keeper, thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2012