Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
We love this dish for Fall dinners. It is very good and a good use for squash. I tried to make sure it isn't already on Recipezaar. I didn't want anyone to miss having a chance to enjoy this dish during Autumn. Sometimes I add some sliced black olives to the sauce. My family loves black olives. This is from my notebook of very old recipes that I am trying to put on Recipezaar for safe keeping, so I don't know where it originally came from.
- 36 jumbo pasta shells
- 425.24 g alfredo sauce
- 118.29 ml milk
- 29.58 ml dried sage (Or Fresh)
- 1.23 ml dried sage
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 425.24 g carton ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 113.39 g shredded asiago cheese
- 236.59 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 709.77 ml cubed butternut squash (Cooked and Mashed)
- Cook shells in water. Drain, Mix sauce, milk, and 1 Tablespoon Sage and Nutmeg. Mix Ricotta, Egg, 1/2 Cup Asiago, 1/2 Cup Mozzarella, and remaining 1/4 Teaspoon Sage. Stir in squash. Fill shells with Cheese Mixture. Place in 2 quart Baking Dish. Pour sauce over shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Cover. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees, Uncover and bake 15 more minutes. Cool. This can be covered and refrigerated up to 2 days. You can reheat it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
A really great balance of flavors, as well as a great way to use the squash I inevitably pick up at the farmer's market every fall!