Recipe by ellie3763
haven't tried it yet but it sounds delicious! from the cookbook "500 (Practically) Fat-Free One-Pot Recipes" by Sarah Schlesinger
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Wonderful fall soup! Followed the recipe to the letter, and it was perfect. Thanks for sharing, this was so comforting on a fresh fall day!
Made for Fall Comfort Foods / Diabetes Forum
- 6 1⁄4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 4 (4 ounce) skinless boneless chicken tenderloins, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups butternut squash, diced
- 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup canned low-sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1/4 cup broth in a large pot. Add chicken, onions, nutmeg, and cumin, and sauté until onions begin to soften, about 4 minutes. Stir in jalapeno pepper.
- Add remaining broth and squash. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and chickpeas, and simmer for 5 more minutes.