Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
haven't tried it yet but it sounds delicious! from the cookbook "500 (Practically) Fat-Free One-Pot Recipes" by Sarah Schlesinger
- 6 1⁄4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 4 (4 ounce) skinless boneless chicken tenderloins, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups butternut squash, diced
- 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup canned low-sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Heat 1/4 cup broth in a large pot. Add chicken, onions, nutmeg, and cumin, and sauté until onions begin to soften, about 4 minutes. Stir in jalapeno pepper.
- Add remaining broth and squash. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and chickpeas, and simmer for 5 more minutes.
Wonderful fall soup! Followed the recipe to the letter, and it was perfect. Thanks for sharing, this was so comforting on a fresh fall day!
Made for Fall Comfort Foods / Diabetes Forum
Lovely! Followed the recipe exactly but used a stronger type of chilli pepper for a bit more spice. I am sure this is obvious to people who make more soups than I do, but I blended the final mixture to make a lovely thick consistancy and the recipe doesn't mention this step. Will make again thanks!