1 hr 20 mins
Creamy squash makes good soup with very few ingredients. Select a really good store bought salsa for this soup and add a sprinkling of chopped fresh oregano or marjoram as a garnish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 425°F Place the squash on a baking sheet and brush with some of the oil and roast for 25 minutes.
- 2Reduce the temperature to 375F and cook for 20-25 minutes more or until the squash is tender.
- 3Heat the remaining oil in a large heavy pan and cook the onions over a low heat for about 10 minutes or until softened.
- 4Meanwhile, scoop the squash out of the skin, adding it to the pan.
- 5Pour in 5 cups of water and stir in salt and plenty of black pepper.
- 6Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 7Cool the soup slightly, then process it in a blender or food processor to a smooth puree.
- 8Alternatively press the soup through a fine sieve with a back of a spoon.
- 9Reheat without boiling, then ladle it into warmed bowls.
- 10Top each serving with a spoonful of salsa and serve.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Soup With Tomato Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (579 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.4
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 219.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 4.4 g