1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Kelly M.'s Note:
This is from one of the many magazine clippings for butternut squash soup that I have and I've found it to be the best of them. It cuts in half beautifully.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed into 1-inch pieces (about 5-6 cups)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large yellow onion, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 stalks celery, clopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2In a large bowl combine squash, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt, and pepper.
- 3Place on shallow baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes, then turn over and roast another 15 minutes, until squash is tender and caramelized, then set aside.
- 4In a large soup pot, heat the remaining oil and butter over medium heat.
- 5Add the onion, celery and sage and sauté until translucent and tender, about 10 minutes.
- 6Add the squash, broth, and remaining salt and bring to a boil, lower heat and and simmer for 30 minutes, remove from heat.
- 7Using a blender or food processor, remove the squash with a slotted spoon and puree until smooth.
- 8Return to the pot, keep warm. Serve with grated parmesan.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Soup With Sage
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.2
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 1789.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 10.8 g