Recipe by allisonsmommy
Add a tossed salad and a warm, crusty bread to serve this soup as a main dish meal. Omit the molasses, if you don't like it.
Top Review by Nikoma
Hard to rate. I enjoyed this served with a nice side salad, but BF didn't much care for the combo. I added some brown sugar along with the molasses as I found it a little bland as written. I would also highly suggest useing small/mini ravioli! I planned on it but already had some larger ones made in the freezer. I think the smaller ones would "fill out" the soup more. Just the butternut "bisque" is great alone though. All a matter of preference. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 lbs butternut squash
- 2 (14 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated cheese ravioli
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon molasses
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut squash lengthwise into 4 sections. Place in a microwave safe bowl along with 1/3 cup of water. Cover and microwave for 10-15 minutes (until flesh is tender ).
- Let squash cool enough that it does not burn your fingers to handle it. Remove skin by either peeling or scraping it off with a small knife. Place peeled chunks into a large saucepan and crush using your hands or a potato masher until quite smooth.
- Add broth and spices, butter, molasses and milk and cook on low-medium heat.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions.
- Once the squash mixture has cooked about 15 minutes, blend using an electric egg beater or whisk until soup becomes smooth.
- Add cooked ravioli and stir together. Let cook on low-medium heat for 10 more minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve!