Krsi Sue's Note:
My step-daughter brought this recipe to me. She will not normally eat squash, but she loves this soup. CAUTION!!! Before blending, be sure the soup has cooled slightly or it may pop the top off your blender & make a mess & possibly burn you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a thick bottom pot over medium heat.
- 2Saute onions, apples and squash 15 minutes, stirring.
- 3Add apple juice and cook until liquid reduces by 1/2.
- 4Add chicken stock and 1/4 cup maple syrup.
- 5Reducing heat to low, simmer until squash is tender, stirring occasionally (about 30 minutes).
- 6Cool for about 10 minutes.
- 7Working in batches, place mixture in blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- 8Return each batch to pot.
- 9Simmer on low heat.
- 10Heat cream slowly in a separate pot and slowly whisk into the soup.
- 11Add lime juice, remaining maple syrup and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 12Serve with a dollop of butter on top.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Soup With Maple
Serving Size: 1 (461 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.7
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 27.2 mg
- Sodium 676.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 5.9 g