Recipe by Slocan cook
A tangy soup with the zest of fresh ginger and the sweetness of pure maple syrup combined to make a thick puree that is enough to please any palate for lunch or dinner.
- 1 lb butternut squash, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced ginger
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut and peel butternut squash into 1 inch cubes then cook in a steamer basket in a medium size saucepan until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Puree steamed squash in a blender or food processor until smooth and free of lumps.
- Pour the puree into a larger saucepan and add the 2 Cups of chicken broth and stir until creamy and smooth. Add the minced ginger and maple syrup and bring to a boil for 3 minutes and then simmer until flavors have blended together.
- Pour into serving bowls and have with your favorite snack crackers or a sandwich.