Corrinne J's Note:
Just in time for fall – a creamy soup that perfectly combines butternut squash with fresh goat cheese for a deliciously warming meal. The vibrant color adds a beautiful hue to any table!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and remove seeds from the squash.
- 2Cut in large 2 inch pieces.
- 3Place squash in heavy gauge sauce pot and cover with the milk and water.
- 4Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes until very tender.
- 5Add 1 package Chavrie® Goat Cheese Pyramid and bring back to a simmer.
- 6Remove from the heat.
- 7Carefully remove squash with a slotted spoon and place in blender. Add enough of the cooking liquid to cover the squash puree in the blender. Be very careful: you must leave the center cap of the blender off so you do not trap the steam (cover loosely with a towel).
- 8Pour into a 1 gallon sauce pot and keep warm.
- 9Reserve and repeat until all the squash has been pureed.
- 10Adjust to desired consistency with the remaining cooking liquid. Season with salt and pepper.
- 11To serve, ladle the hot soup into the individual soup bowls and top with a dollop of Chavrie® Goat Cheese Pyramid garnish with fresh herbs.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Soup With Fresh Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.9
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 51.0 mg
- Sodium 301.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 13.8 g