Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just in time for fall – a creamy soup that perfectly combines butternut squash with fresh goat cheese for a deliciously warming meal. The vibrant color adds a beautiful hue to any table!
- Peel and remove seeds from the squash.
- Cut in large 2 inch pieces.
- Place squash in heavy gauge sauce pot and cover with the milk and water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes until very tender.
- Add 1 package Chavrie® Goat Cheese Pyramid and bring back to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat.
- Carefully remove squash with a slotted spoon and place in blender. Add enough of the cooking liquid to cover the squash puree in the blender. Be very careful: you must leave the center cap of the blender off so you do not trap the steam (cover loosely with a towel).
- Pour into a 1 gallon sauce pot and keep warm.
- Reserve and repeat until all the squash has been pureed.
- Adjust to desired consistency with the remaining cooking liquid. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, ladle the hot soup into the individual soup bowls and top with a dollop of Chavrie® Goat Cheese Pyramid garnish with fresh herbs.