Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Perfect for cool fall weather!
Make and share this Butternut Squash Soup With Coconut Milk and Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 small onion, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups water or 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups butternut squash, baked until soft and scooped out of the skin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk (or more to taste)
- salt and pepper
- In a medium sized pot over medium heat, add a glug of olive oil.
- Add the onions and garlic andcook, stirring every so often until they are translucent.
- Pour in the water or broth and bring to a gentle simmer. Add the squash and stir, mashing the squash a bit to combine it with the broth.
- Let simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, add spices and puree until smooth.
- Return to the pot and add coconut milk, stirring to combine. Bring the soup back to a simmer for a few minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.