1/1 Photo of Butternut Squash Soup With Cider Cream
A wonderful do-ahead, as soup and cider cream can be made1 day ahead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (about 6 cups)
- 2 cups chopped leeks (white and pale green parts only)
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled carrot
- 2 small granny smith apples, peeled, cored, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon crumbld dried sage
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- chopped fresh chives
- 1Melt butter in heavy, large saucepan over medium high heat. Add squash, leeks, carrots and celery; saute until slightly softened, about 15 minutes.
- 2Mix in apples, thyme and sage.
- 3Add chicken stock and 1 cup cider and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until apples are tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Cool slightly.
- 4Working batches, puree soup in blender.
- 5Return soup to pan. Boil remaining 1/2 cup cider in heavy, small saucepan until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 5 minutes. Cool.
- 6Place sour cream in small bowl and wisk in reducd cider.
- 7(Soup and cider cream can be made made 1 day ahad. Cover separately and refrigerate.).
- 8Bring soup to a simmer and serve with a dollop of cider cream.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Soup With Cider Cream
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.0
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.9 mg
- Sodium 237.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 5.3 g