Delish ! !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (2 lb) butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- whole leaves Italian parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Halve the squash and place pieces cut side down on an oiled baking sheet. Bake until the squash can easily be skewered, 45 to 60 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes. Remove the seeds and discard. Scrape pulp and reserve. Discard peel.
- 3In a soup pot over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add bacon and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft, about 10 minutes. Add squash and broth and simmer until squash falls apart, about 30 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes.
- 4In a blender, purée soup in batches until very smooth, 2 to 3 minutes per batch. Strain into a clean soup pot and add orange juice and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper. If soup is too thick, thin with additional water or stock.
- 5Make compound butter by mashing together the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter, pecans, and honey. Season with salt and pepper. Roll butter in plastic wrap into a cylindrical shape, 1 inch in diameter. Store in the refrigerator.
- 6To serve, ladle soup into soup bowls. Cut 1/4-inch slices of pecan butter and float one in center of each bowl of soup. Garnish with parsley.
- 7Nutrients per serving calories 194, protein 7g, carbohydrates 31g, fiber 7g, fat 7g (saturated fat 3g), cholesterol 10mg, sodium 714mg.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Soup W/ Honey Pecan Butter
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.6
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 150.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 7.3 g