Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
Found this recipe online and made it. It tasted so yummy and I want to share it, as well as keep it with all my other recipes! The original site http://thehappyhousewife.com/cooking/butternut-squash-soup/
- 709.77 ml butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 large apple, peeled and quartered
- 14.79 ml butter
- 78.07 ml onion, chopped
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 59.14 ml flour
- 1.23 ml thyme
- 0.59 ml salt
- 295.73 ml chicken broth
- Steam the squash and apple until soft.
- While your squash is steaming, saute the onion and garlic in butter until the onion is clear.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the blender and blend for 3 or 4 minutes, or until the mixture thickens.
- Add the squash, apple and onion to the blender.
- Blend until smooth, less than one minute. Serve immediately.
Fabulous restaurant quality soup.
We loved this soup. I used frozen pre-cut butternut squash and a red apple. I didn't peel the apple because the Vitamix is pretty good a pulverizing everything. I used beef stock because that's what we had on hand. It was great paired with a sandwich for lunch. Thanks for sharing!
Taste like yellow gravy not tasty