Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a soup that I came across in France.
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1 small acorn squash
- 2 potatoes
- 1 tablespoon creme fraiche
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- water, for boiling
- Peel and cube the potatoes and squashes. The cubes should be about an inch.
- Boil together in a large pot until most of the cubes are tender.
- Strain contents of the pot.
- After they are strained, puree the squashes and potatoes. This can be done with a blender, or a hand blender.
- When all if pureed, add the soup back to the pot, and put it over a low heat.
- Add crème fraîche and nutmeg, and simmer very low for 5 minutes.