Recipe by Tori Guy
"Cream cheese is blended into this pureed soup of winter squash and onion which have been cooked in a seasoned chicken stock."
- 88.74 ml chopped onions
- 59.16 ml butter
- 1 butternut squash
- 709.77 ml chicken stock
- 2.46 ml dried marjoram
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 0.59 ml ground cayenne pepper
- 226.79 g package cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Cut butternut squash in half, and roast, cut side down for 45 minutes. When done, cut into cubes. In a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Add squash, chicken stock, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Bring to boil; cook 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Puree squash and cream cheese in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth. Return to saucepan, and heat through. Do not allow to boil.