Recipe by Tori Guy
"Cream cheese is blended into this pureed soup of winter squash and onion which have been cooked in a seasoned chicken stock."
- 6 tablespoons chopped onions
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 butternut squash
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Cut butternut squash in half, and roast, cut side down for 45 minutes. When done, cut into cubes. In a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Add squash, chicken stock, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Bring to boil; cook 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Puree squash and cream cheese in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth. Return to saucepan, and heat through. Do not allow to boil.