My daughter shared this recipe with me after I heard how much her family had enjoyed it. I love soups in the winter and am always on the look out for another yummy recipe. DD used veggie broth to make soup vegetarian and 6 yr old DGD stated it was the best soup she ever had!
- In a large pot, cook onion, celery carrot, potatoes and squash in butter for 5 minutes or til veggies are browned.
- Add enough stock to cover veggies, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer til veggies are tender, appx 40 minutes.
- Puree veggies and cooking broth with stick blender (OR remove to blender to puree and return to cooking pot).
- Add remaining stock to make soup the desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.