Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
a creamy soup, without added fat, super simple to make.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups parsnips, chopped
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 4 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 6 cups chicken stock
- Melt butter and olive oil in a soup pot, over medium heat.
- add parnsips, onion, and celery. Cook about 10 minutes until slightly carmelized.
- add squash, continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- add salt, pepper, and sage.
- add about a 1/2 cup of stock and loosen carmelized bits on the bottom of the pot. once removed, add the remaining stock.
- bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for at least a half hour.
- Puree in blender and return to pot to bring up to heat.