Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Based on a recipe from Juliano’s book, RAW the UNccook Book. This soup is incredibly refreshing and vibrant. I was a little skeptical going into it that raw butternut could be so delectable -- yet it is with the right accompanying flavors and these ingredients are absolutely perfectly matched. Even skeptical DH, after watching me make it, said he couldn't be more surprised at how delicious this is; he wants me to make it for brunch sometime and add champagne to it! :)
- 3 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 mango, cubed
- 2 teaspoons curry
- 4 cups orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup honey or 1⁄2 cup dates
- 1 plantains or 1 banana, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mint, chopped
- 1 pinch jalapeno, minced
- 1 mango, seeded, peeled, and diced
- Add soup ingredients to blender and blend until creamy.
- Garnish as indicated.
- Serve immediately after blending.
I made a few changes when I made this soup, using just 1 teaspoon of curry, (using the dates, which was an either/or thing) & left out the jalapeno, all of that resulting in A GREAT TASTING SOUP & a keeper of a recipe! Many thanks! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my swapmates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #28]