Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
a great filling soup, which can be made in no time at all.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 pint chicken stock
- 55 ml milk
- Heat the oil in a large non stick sauce pan and saute the onions for 2-3mins to soften.
- Add the garlic and squash and heat for a further few minutes.
- Pour the stock into the pan and bring to the boil.Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 mins, or until the squash is soft.
- Stir the milk into the soup and heat for 1 minute.Cool slightly.
- Blend with a food processor till smooth and pass through a sieve, then return to the pan to warm through.