Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe came from The Domestic Goddess; It is easy to make, with common ingredients. I used frozen vegetables instead of fresh, except for the apples.
- 1 cup frozen sweet potato (or 1 medium fresh)
- 1 medium white onion
- 3 cups frozen butternut squash (or 1 average size fresh)
- 2 large golden delicious apples
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed or minced)
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Peel the squash, sweet potato, onion and apples and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and add the onions and garlic. Heat until onion is translucent.
- Add the squash, potato, onion, apples, chicken stock, ginger and cumin to the pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Take the pot off the fire, add 1 cup of milk, and mix in blender.
- Add pepper and chili flakes to taste.