Hectic Mom's Note:
This recipe came from The Domestic Goddess; It is easy to make, with common ingredients. I used frozen vegetables instead of fresh, except for the apples.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup frozen sweet potato (or 1 medium fresh)
- 1 medium white onion
- 3 cups frozen butternut squash (or 1 average size fresh)
- 2 large golden delicious apples
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed or minced)
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1Peel the squash, sweet potato, onion and apples and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- 2In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and add the onions and garlic. Heat until onion is translucent.
- 3Add the squash, potato, onion, apples, chicken stock, ginger and cumin to the pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4Take the pot off the fire, add 1 cup of milk, and mix in blender.
- 5Add pepper and chili flakes to taste.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 105.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen butternut squash