I'm in the process of making this at the moment. It smells delicious! I changed one of the ingredients as I didn't have any frozen squash so used fresh and I didn't have powdered curry so I used an equal amount of Patak's Mild Curry Paste. I noticed that there is no salt added to this. I didn't add any either. I like to leave that up to the discretion of the people eating the soup. The original recipe came out of The Little Simple Vegan Slow Cooker book. :-)
- 2 (12 ounce) packagesfrozen winter squash (thawed)
- 2 pears, peeled and diced (or 1 1/2 cups drained diced canned pears)
- 1 cup vegetable stock (or 1 bouillon cube dissolved in 1 cup warm water)
- 1 cup plain soymilk
- 3 tablespoons Earth Balance margarine
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Combine all the ingredients in a slow cooker. Mix well.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Bon Appetit!