Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I make this soup in the winter and bring to work for lunch. It's healthy and delicious
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 -3 celery ribs
- 900 ml chicken stock (about 2 Cups)
- 1 teaspoon prepared bottled garlic (or one clove)
- 1 teaspoon bottled gingerroot (or fresh grated)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chickpeas (I used canned)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- Cut squash in half and place on cookie sheet. Drizzle with Olive Oil and roast in oven for 1 hour at 450 degrees.
- Saute onion and celery until transparent.
- Add garlic and ginger.
- When squash is cooked, scoop out and add to onion and celery mixture.
- Add chicken stock and chick peas. Stir.
- Using an electric hand mixer, blend soup to desired consistency. You can also use your blender.
- Add cumin and salt and pepper.