Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I make this soup in the winter and bring to work for lunch. It's healthy and delicious
Make and share this Butternut Squash Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Cut squash in half and place on cookie sheet. Drizzle with Olive Oil and roast in oven for 1 hour at 450 degrees.
- Saute onion and celery until transparent.
- Add garlic and ginger.
- When squash is cooked, scoop out and add to onion and celery mixture.
- Add chicken stock and chick peas. Stir.
- Using an electric hand mixer, blend soup to desired consistency. You can also use your blender.
- Add cumin and salt and pepper.