1/2 Photos of Butternut Squash Soup
Deb in Seattle's Note:
This is a nice basic soup that is great as main course or a side. I also like to serve as part of Thanksgiving dinner if I'm hosting a large crowd.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onions and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add 4 cups broth, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- 4Cover and simmer until squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
- 5Working in batches, puree soup in blender until smooth.
- 6Return to same pan.
- 7Stir in cream.
- 8Bring soup to simmer.
- 9Season to taste with salt and pepper and additional nutmeg if desired.
- 10note: This can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over medium heat, thinning with more broth if necessary.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.2
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 78.9 mg
- Sodium 895.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 8.4 g