1 hr 30 mins
Yum...Got the recipe from the friendly folks at the Co-op down the street. A little savory, a little sweet, altogether warming and great for the cool and rainy season!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400. Coat bottom of baking pan generously with cooking spray and set aside.
- 2Halve the squash through the stem ends, prick the skin in several places with a knife, and scoop out the seeds.
- 3Lightly spray the cut surface with cooking spray (or brush with oil) Nest garlic inside the squash halves and place the squash on the baking pan, cut side down.Add the onions and coat with spray or oil.
- 4Pour the water into the pan, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes more.
- 5Squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skins.
- 6In batches in a blender, combine squash, onion ,thyme, broth, nutmeg, salt, and pepper and puree till smooth.
- 7If desired, heat a small amount of butter (a couple of teaspoons) in a skillet and sautee sage, adding sage to bowls as garnish.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.0
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 256.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 3.2 g