Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Jack and Marian Soat made this at their family Thanksgiving meal that they invited me to. They served it hot. It was simply delicious and I had to have the recipe.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 (2 lb) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 4 cups apple juice
- cook onion in oil in large suacepan over medium heat unti tender. Add ginger and pumpkin pie spice, cook for one minute.
- Add squash and apple juice; heat to boil. Cover, reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Puree soup in blender or food processor in batches, until smooth. return to saucepan, heat through.
- serve hot or chilled with crackers.
i found the apple juice made it sweet. i had to corn starch to thicken it up it was way to watery, but it tastes fantastic.