Recipe by Deb#264582
Jack and Marian Soat made this at their family Thanksgiving meal that they invited me to. They served it hot. It was simply delicious and I had to have the recipe.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 (2 lb) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 4 cups apple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- cook onion in oil in large suacepan over medium heat unti tender. Add ginger and pumpkin pie spice, cook for one minute.
- Add squash and apple juice; heat to boil. Cover, reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Puree soup in blender or food processor in batches, until smooth. return to saucepan, heat through.
- serve hot or chilled with crackers.