Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a delicious soup. Best one that I have tried. It works well with half as much cream cheese if you don't want it too rich. From: Allrecipes
- 6 tablespoons chopped onions
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 6 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 3 cups water
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in margarine until tender.
- Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to boil; cook 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Puree squash and cream cheese in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth.
- Return to saucepan, and heat through. Do not allow to boil.
This soup is easy to make and yummy. I followed the suggestions of the other posters and used one pack of cream cheese. It was perfect. I bought a large pack of peeled and cubed fresh butternut squash at Costco. Using the pre-cut squash made this a no fuss winner. Thank you for sharing this recipe
Thank you for this recipe, it was delicious and decadent tasting! We made a few tweaks; as suggested, we used only one bar of light cream cheese, then added one capful of apple cider vinegar and 1/4 tsp of ground coriander. We are making it again tonight for my Mother who is visiting from out of town. Thank you!
I do love this recipe, I have made it twice now. Tonight, I didn't have marjoram so I added some saffron which was excellent. I use only 1 8 oz cream cheese, the light one. I had a sore throat and this was just the ticket!