Recipe by gwynn
This is a delicious soup. Best one that I have tried. It works well with half as much cream cheese if you don't want it too rich. From: Allrecipes
Top Review by 904713
This soup is easy to make and yummy. I followed the suggestions of the other posters and used one pack of cream cheese. It was perfect. I bought a large pack of peeled and cubed fresh butternut squash at Costco. Using the pre-cut squash made this a no fuss winner. Thank you for sharing this recipe
- 6 tablespoons chopped onions
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 6 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 3 cups water
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in margarine until tender.
- Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to boil; cook 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Puree squash and cream cheese in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth.
- Return to saucepan, and heat through. Do not allow to boil.