This is a delicious healthy side dish. Pretty enough for company, but kids enjoy the sweet taste! Fresh squash is easy to cook in the microwave, but frozen tastes just as good. For the milk, I used nonfat, my neighbor uses Mocha Mix to make it non-dairy. From my neighbor, Tiffanie, who is the best kosher cook ever!!
- preheat oven to 350.
- if using fresh squash, microwave- cut in half, remove seeds, place cut side down in small amount of water, cover with plastic wrap and cook on high 15 minutes.
- Scrape flesh from skin- should be 3-4 cups.
- beat together flour, sugar, oil, eggs, and milk.
- add squash and mix well.
- bake in 9x13 glass or ceramic baking dish for 60 minutes.
- can sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top after 30 minutes in oven (kids like it!).