Recipe by Lvs2Cook
The hardest thing about this recipe is peeling the squash. I've tried different ways to peel it but I keep going back to my trusty sharp paring knife.
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups firmly packed baby spinach leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in a 12 inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it is crisp.
- Stir in onion and cook about 2 minutes until it is crisp-tender.
- Stir in squash, thyme and pepper.
- Cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until squash is tender.
- Stir in spinach until just wilted.