Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe came from Weight Watchers. It is easy & yummy. We like it with more curry than shown here, adjust to taste
- 2 1⁄2 lbs butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Cook squash by your favorite method until just tender, not mushy.
- How we cook the squash: Preheat oven to 400. Peel the squash, then cut in half to remove seeds. Cut in 1" slices. Spray baking pan with non-stick spray. Put slices on pan and spray them. Cover tightly. Bake 20 minutes until just tender when pierced with a fork.
- Cool squash, and cut into chunks (about 1" cubes if you're trying to measure).
- Combine remaining ingredients and toss with squash.
I like butternut squash, but most recipes I have are a little on the sweet side. This was savory. I did saute the onions a little first, cooked every thing all together for a minute or two. This was quite enjoyable.