Recipe by Mell13
Tried a goat cheese & hazelnut ravioli at a restaurant and fell in love. This was the closest recipe I could find...sounded good too! Have not tried yet but will post results when I do.
Top Review by Abby Girl
Update: I finally got the courage to make just the ravioli myself If anyone every makes you fresh ravioli....get down on your knees and kiss their feet! This is time consuming and fussy!!! I could have made a second batch of dough with just the leftovers, so beware of the amount (you might want to cut the recipe in half). I cooked one...just to see how long I needed to cook the ravioli and to satisfy my curiosity (will they stay sealed and...of course, the taste) With no sauce added...I was truly impressed with myself. I used the pasta dough recipe found in Cooks Illustrated (2 cups flour, 3 large eggs) My only caution would be: don't roll your dough out too thin; number 4 on the pasta machine is sufficient...cook the ravioli at a simmer for about 4 - 5 minutes...once you have made a ravioli, flour your hands lightly and place it on a tray, then cover it with a tea towel. I froze my ravioli...with the thought of using it within a couple of days. Time consuming...but well worth the effort! 09-12: My girlfriend made these up as part of a 5 course Italian dinner. Instead of the wonton wrappers, she used fresh pasta. These were "out of this world" phenomenal.... and I am not a butternut squash fan at all! They were sublime! I would definately recommend this recipe.
- 2 lbs butternut squash, seeded and halved
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3 ounces goat cheese, aged and grated
- 60 wonton wrappers, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup hazelnuts, skinned toasted and chopped coarse
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- MAKE FILLING:.
- Roast squash, flesh down, in center of oven for 30 mins (or til tender). Scoop & mash flesh when cool.
- Place onion, sage, butter, salt & pepper in skillet. Cook 5 mins til onion is golden. Add garlic, cook 1 minute.
- Combine onion mixture, squash and goat cheese.
- Fill wonton wrapper with 1 tablespoons filling (flour surface under to prevent sticking). Wet edges and top with second wrapper. Press down around filling to seal and remove air. Place on towel to dry slightly, turning. Fill the rest of wontons the same way.
- MAKE SAUCE:.
- Cook butter & hazelnuts over medium heat until butter browns, about 3 minutes Remove from heat, season with salt & pepper, and keep warm.
- COOK RAVIOLI:.
- Gently boil 5 qts salted water in 6qt pot. Cook in 3 batches, about 6 mins each (will rise to surface). Transfer to shallow pan with some cooking water to keep raviolis warm. When all cooked, plate and top with sauce. (may also steam).