Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is worthy of a holiday and great for everyday. You can assemble this easy to make gratin as much as six hours in advance and refrigerate it. Bring it to room temperature before baking.
- 1 butternut squash (about 1 3/4 lb.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt (coarse)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese (3 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded gruyere cheese (1 oz)
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Spray 11x7 1/2" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove seeds and peel.
- Slice each half crosswise into 1/2" thick slices.
- Place squash in single layer at 45-degree angle in baking dish.
- (The squash will be tightly packed.) Drizzle squash with oil.
- Sprinkle with sage, salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 40 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Remove from oven; remove foil.
- Sprinkle with blue cheese and Gruyère cheese.
- Return to oven; bake an additional 1 minute or until cheese is melted.